Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed July 31, 2013
Homepage Mistake May Get Kitten A Home
Originally published on Wed July 31, 2013 6:59 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene.
Briefly on the Chicago Tribune homepage yesterday, the main story was a photo of an adorable, gray kitten. The headline read, quote, "Headline Test Here." It was, of course, a mistake, and Web managers took it down right away. But the screenshot made a lot of people grin, and the Trib says it could mean good fortune for kitty in the photo. He's Benton, a local cat up for adoption. And since his homepage stardom, he's been getting a lot of attention from potential adopters.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.