Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
- The “Lost” Recordings of an Overlooked Banjo Great
- Dozens Say NC's Proposed Rules For Abortion Clinics Are OK, But A Few Disagree
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed June 5, 2013
Hilarious: Israeli Education Minister Can't Stop Laughing
Originally published on Wed June 5, 2013 1:14 pm
Tuesday was a funny day in the Israeli Knesset. According to Haaretz, Education Minister Shai Piron stood before the parliament set to deliver a speech about prison contraband.
Piron then explained the penalties for the "penetration of" dangerous objects into prison cells. He lost his composure and just could not stop laughing. The video — in Hebrew — doesn't really need any translation:
Haaretz reports that Piron ultimately just gave up.
We'll add that we just can't imagine anything of the sort ever happening in our U.S. Congress. (We even asked the two people we know with impeccable knowledge about those two esteemed institutions, and NPR's Ron Elving and Ken Rudin could not think of a time where someone lost it on the floor of the House or Senate.)
We do remember the time that CNN anchor Anderson Cooper got the giggles.