Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri September 20, 2013
Hidden Voices: School to Prison Pipeline
Zero-tolerance policies and increased police presence in schools are charting a path for students from classrooms to prisons. Minority and low-income students are especially vulnerable.The Hidden Voices project interviewed youth, teachers, lawyers and police officers about the school to prison pipeline. Then they turned those conversations into art in a project called “None of The Above.” The onstage production takes place tonight and tomorrow night at 8 p.m. at the UNC Stone Center. Host Frank Stasio talks with Hidden Voices founder and director Lynden Harris, former teacher and “None of the Above” actor Brandi Bullock; former law enforcement officer and “None of the Above” actor Joshua Byrd; and Director of the Juvenile Justice Project and “None of the Above” actor Jon Powell.