Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Legislators Are Changing State Environmental Policy
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu June 21, 2012
The Hermit of Fort Fisher
What does it take to send a 62-year-old man away from everything he knows to become a hermit on the coast of North Carolina? That’s the subject of a new play at the Paramount Theater in Burlington.
It explores the story of the Hermit of Fort Fisher, Robert Harrill, who became the second largest tourist attraction on the North Carolina coast. Host Frank Stasio talks to David Wright, writer and director of “The Hermit of Fort Fisher”; and Wayne Leonard, the actor playing Harrill in the play.