Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu August 15, 2013
Greensboro Gang Leader Sentenced To Nearly 30 Years
Jorge Cornell was sentenced to 28 years in Federal Prison on Wednesday. The former leader of the Latin Kings gang in Greensboro was convicted last November on federal racketeering charges. Cornell was convicted of engaging in a conspiracy to commit murder, arson and robbery. He and his group feuded with the Greensboro Police.
Cornell held a news conference five years ago claiming harassment of minorities in the city. He also ran unsuccessfully for City Council twice. In total 14 members of the gang were indicted in the federal case last year. Cornell plans to appeal the conviction and sentence.
Politics & Government