Most Active Stories
- NC State Student Uncovered Neck Bone Of Biggest Dinosaur Ever
- NC Photographer Uses Pinup Photos As A Way For Women To Appreciate Their Bodies
- 'Breathtaking' Images Discovered Of A 1950s Shoeshine Competition In North Carolina
- Scholars Gather Saturday To Share Little-Known NC Stories
- George Hamilton IV: 1937-2014. Five Songs That Made Him Famous
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue October 8, 2013
Greater Than Equal: African-American Struggles For School Integration
The struggle for education equality in North Carolina was hard-fought for more than four decades.
It was not only a struggle for facilities that were equal to white schools, but a fight for integration and civic inclusion. Host Frank Stasio talks with Sarah Caroline Thuesen, author of “Greater Than Equal: African American Struggles for Schools and Citizenship in North Carolina, 1919-1965,” and a professor of history at Guilford College.