Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fresh Air Weekend
Sat December 21, 2013
Fresh Air Weekend: The Coen Brothers And 'Anchorman 2'
Originally published on Sat December 21, 2013 11:50 am
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
The Coen Bros. On Writing, 'Lebowski' And Literally Herding Cats: Inside Llewyn Davis — starring Oscar Isaac and a disobedient cat — is the latest from the filmmaking duo. The brothers talk with Fresh Air's Terry Gross about their writing process ("It's mostly napping") and the cult status of their 1998 film The Big Lebowski ("How do you explain that? I have no idea.")
A 'Kind Of A Big Deal' Gets Even Bigger In 'Anchorman 2': In a sequel, Ron Burgundy makes the leap from local to national news. "We felt like we needed to jack up the stakes," says director and co-writer Adam McKay. He and star Will Ferrell join Terry Gross to talk about making movies — and that epic 'stache.
You can listen to the original interviews here:
- The Coen Bros. On Writing, 'Lebowski' And Literally Herding Cats
- A 'Kind Of A Big Deal' Gets Even Bigger In 'Anchorman 2'