Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Legislators Are Changing State Environmental Policy
- The Complex Identities Of Some Of America's Most Famous Black Men
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri October 19, 2012
The Five Point Rounders
Square dancing was popular from the late 19th century to the middle of the 20th, but it's seeing a revival in downtown Durham.
The Pinhook, a beloved bar in the local music scene, now regularly hosts Rowdy Square Dances. A band of old time musicians who call themselves the Five Point Rounders play these events, and they'll join host Frank Stasio in the studio for a do-si-do and live performance.