Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- DOT Secretary And SELC Director Debate Bonner Bridge
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- The Case Against Multivitamins Grows Stronger
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri August 23, 2013
Ex-Drone Operator Captures Experiences In Poetry
When Lynn Hill served in the U.S. Air Force, she helped operate Predator drones that flew over Iraq and Afghanistan – but she did it from a base in Las Vegas. When her tour was up in 2006, she closed the door on that part of her life - until she started writing poetry delving into what it meant for her to have one foot in the war and one foot at home. In this conversation, Hill tells guest host Sean Cole about a performance she has created called "Holding It Down."
Also in this show: a Vietnam veteran turned Franciscan friar talks about war and the long journey of finding a place to work and feel at ease.