Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri August 23, 2013
Ex-Drone Operator Captures Experiences In Poetry
When Lynn Hill served in the U.S. Air Force, she helped operate Predator drones that flew over Iraq and Afghanistan – but she did it from a base in Las Vegas. When her tour was up in 2006, she closed the door on that part of her life - until she started writing poetry delving into what it meant for her to have one foot in the war and one foot at home. In this conversation, Hill tells guest host Sean Cole about a performance she has created called "Holding It Down."
Also in this show: a Vietnam veteran turned Franciscan friar talks about war and the long journey of finding a place to work and feel at ease.