Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri August 5, 2011
A Eulogy for The Brewery
Demolition came for a Raleigh landmark this week when The Brewery was flattened to make way for classrooms and retail space on Hillsborough Street. During its 28 years in business, The Brewery gave a boost to the careers of bands like Raleigh-born Whiskeytown and, in more recent years, offered a launch pad for pop groups like Paramore and Panic! at the Disco. Up-and-coming local musicians found a home there, too.