Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu August 16, 2012
Dipika Kohli married her college sweetheart on New Year's Day in 2001. The two eloped in Japan, his home country, then moved to Ireland to start life in a place unfamiliar to both of them. In doing so, she boldly walked away from the hopes her parents had for her.
They emigrated from New Delhi with much more conventional dreams of a successful life for their daughter. "The Elopement" (Kismuth/2012) is Kohli's memoir of the risks she took to carve her own path in life. She joins host Frank Stasio to talk about taking a bold chance on love.