Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri October 11, 2013
Elizabeth Graver's Novel Longlisted for National Book Award
Originally published on Thu October 31, 2013 10:00 am
The finalists for the National Book Award for fiction will be announced next week. A few of the books on the longlist: Alice McDermott’s “Someone,” Jhumpa Lahiri’s “The Lowland,” Thomas Pynchon’s “The Bleeding Edge.”
And a beautiful novel by Boston College professor Elizabeth Graver, “The End of the Point.”
The title refers to Ashaunt Point, a fictional strip of land jutting into the waters off Cape Cod.
We revisit our April 2013 conversation with Graver.