Most Active Stories
- Viral Video: 'XMas Jammies' Features WNCN Anchor Penn Holderness And His Family
- DOT Secretary And SELC Director Debate Bonner Bridge
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- The Case Against Multivitamins Grows Stronger
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Mon January 3, 2011
Economic Forecast 2011
More than one thousand people are gathering in Research Triangle Park today to hear the latest news on the 2011 economy. Economists are already saying it should be better than 2010.
One big draw at this year’s Economic Forecast Forum is outgoing U-N-C president Erskine Bowles – who is also known for serving as co-chair of the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform. Thad Woodard is President and C-E-O of the North Carolina Bankers Association. He says Economist Mark Vitner of Wells Fargo will give the forecast:
"I think we’ll probably have the most attentive crowd we’ve ever had before because people want things to change, they’re waiting for good things to happen. And we’re all hopeful that some good news will emanate from this annual economic forecast forum – I believe that it will."
The bankers association and the North Carolina Chamber are sponsoring today’s forum. U-S Senator Richard Burr is also on the agenda.