Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon May 16, 2011
Duke Names New Trustee Chair
Rick Wagoner is the new Chair of the Board of Trustees at Duke University. Wagoner is the former CEO at General Motors.
It was a little more than 2 years ago that Wagoner resigned as CEO at GM after being asked to do so by the White House. During his 13 years in charge of the company, it lost about $85 billion.
Wagoner graduated from Duke in 1975 and joined GM two years later, after earning an MBA from Harvard. Wagoner’s wife Kathy and his three sons also attended Duke. Over the weekend, the Duke trustees also passed a $2.1 billion annual budget - a nearly five percent increase over last year. The budget includes raises for faculty and staff and a resumption of some building projects.