Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon May 16, 2011
Duke Names New Trustee Chair
Rick Wagoner is the new Chair of the Board of Trustees at Duke University. Wagoner is the former CEO at General Motors.
It was a little more than 2 years ago that Wagoner resigned as CEO at GM after being asked to do so by the White House. During his 13 years in charge of the company, it lost about $85 billion.
Wagoner graduated from Duke in 1975 and joined GM two years later, after earning an MBA from Harvard. Wagoner’s wife Kathy and his three sons also attended Duke. Over the weekend, the Duke trustees also passed a $2.1 billion annual budget - a nearly five percent increase over last year. The budget includes raises for faculty and staff and a resumption of some building projects.