Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
- The “Lost” Recordings of an Overlooked Banjo Great
- Dozens Say NC's Proposed Rules For Abortion Clinics Are OK, But A Few Disagree
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri April 12, 2013
Duke Marks 50 Years Since Integration
Duke University celebrates 50 years of black students on Saturday, with an address by U.S. Senator William "Mo" Cowan. The Massachusetts Democrat is a 1991 Duke graduate and one of two African-Americans currently in the U.S. Senate.
Duke's first black undergraduate students and those who first integrated the graduate and professional schools will also be honored during Saturday's event.
State of Things
Arts & Culture