Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed November 13, 2013
Duke Health System Faces Changing Medical Terrain
The Affordable Care Act is reaching into every community in the United States.
The changes have consequences for hospitals struggling to understand how they fit into the new medical landscape. North Carolina is one of the states that rejected the Medicaid expansion provided for under the Act. The effects of that will be felt by the three hospitals in the Duke University Health System. Host Frank Stasio talks to Dr. Victor Dzau, head of the Duke University Health System, about the changing medical terrain in North Carolina.