Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri December 21, 2012
Duke Football to Play its First Bowl Game in 18 Years
Duke's football team is playing in a bowl game for the first time in 18 seasons. The Blue Devils meet Cincinnati tomorrow evening in Charlotte.
Duke hasn't been to college football's version of the post-season since 1994, and they haven't won a bowl game since New Year's Day 1961. That Blue Devil squad beat Arkansas 7-6. Head coach David Cutcliffe says:
"I want them to feel a sense of history as they play here because the history does indicate some tough times, but it also represents the best of the best."
Cutcliffe's team started this season six and two, but then lost four straight games. Cincinnati finished tied for first in the Big East and brings a nine and three mark into the game. Duke sold the majority of its ticket allotment and a strong turnout is expected at Bank of America stadium.