Most Active Stories
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
- Back Porch Music Is Back On The Lawn: 8 Free Concerts In 2014
- Primary Heats Up For North Carolina’s 2nd Congressional District
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri December 21, 2012
Duke Football to Play its First Bowl Game in 18 Years
Duke's football team is playing in a bowl game for the first time in 18 seasons. The Blue Devils meet Cincinnati tomorrow evening in Charlotte.
Duke hasn't been to college football's version of the post-season since 1994, and they haven't won a bowl game since New Year's Day 1961. That Blue Devil squad beat Arkansas 7-6. Head coach David Cutcliffe says:
"I want them to feel a sense of history as they play here because the history does indicate some tough times, but it also represents the best of the best."
Cutcliffe's team started this season six and two, but then lost four straight games. Cincinnati finished tied for first in the Big East and brings a nine and three mark into the game. Duke sold the majority of its ticket allotment and a strong turnout is expected at Bank of America stadium.