Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Mon September 5, 2011
DNC Kickoff Rally
The Democratic National Committee will hold a kick-off rally in Charlotte tomorrow to prepare for its national convention in 2012.
The convention is a year away, but organizers say this event will help get things started in Charlotte. Steve Kerrigan heads the group's convention committee. He says it will be great to hold the gathering in a state that helped President Obama win the White House in 2008.
Steve Kerrigan: "Certainly there's a great connection to the energy and enthusiasm that a campaign can bring and an exciting accessible convention can bring to our grassroots supporters here in the Carolinas and the region."
Kerrigan says about ten thousand volunteers will be trained to help the convention run smoothly next year. Speakers at tomorrow's event will include Congresswoman and DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
State of Things
Arts & Culture