Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu April 24, 2014
Discovering Lost Sounds
Originally published on Fri April 25, 2014 9:10 am
Do you know what a guillotine sounds like? How about a Tiegel semi-automatic stop-cylinder printing press?
These are some of the sounds from past generations that have been lost (sometimes for the better). But the Museum of Work in Norrköping, Sweden, is preserving those sounds.
Here & Now’s Robin Young listens to some of these lost sounds with Torsten Nilsson, curator of the Museum of Work.
- Torsten Nilsson, curator of the Museum of Work in Norrköping, Sweden.