Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu June 20, 2013
Deadly Bat Disease Spreads In NC Caves
An emerging disease known as White Nose Syndrome has wiped out bats across the Northeast, and now it's spreading in the North Carolina mountains.
Mass bat die-offs could have huge implications for the state's ecology and economy.
Host Frank Stasio learns more from Matina Kalcounis-Ruppell, associate professor of biology at UNC Greensboro, and Gabrielle Graeter, wildlife diversity biologist with the NC Wildlife Resources Commission.