Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- [VIDEO] Dinosaur Theft Suspects Turn Themselves In, Authorities Say
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Comcast 'Embarrassed' By The Service Call Making Internet Rounds
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu June 20, 2013
Deadly Bat Disease Spreads In NC Caves
An emerging disease known as White Nose Syndrome has wiped out bats across the Northeast, and now it's spreading in the North Carolina mountains.
Mass bat die-offs could have huge implications for the state's ecology and economy.
Host Frank Stasio learns more from Matina Kalcounis-Ruppell, associate professor of biology at UNC Greensboro, and Gabrielle Graeter, wildlife diversity biologist with the NC Wildlife Resources Commission.