Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue October 30, 2012
Considering the Polls
As the presidential election lingers only a week away, people all over the country are steadily watching the polls, but what exactly do polls do for the American audience? Do polls somehow change voters’ minds or inspire the once disinterested to vote? Host Frank Stasio talks about the impact of polls with Thomas Jensen, the director of Raleigh’s Public Policy Polling; and Andy Taylor, a professor of political science at North Carolina State University.