Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu February 28, 2013
Conscientious Objector Documents Pacifist Role In World War Two
Ned Arnett was a conscientious objector during World War Two, a position that was rare and not commonly documented.
He talks about his experiences as a Quaker pacifist in his new memoir, “A Different Kind of War Story” (Xlibris/2012). Host Frank Stasio talks to him about his experiences.