Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri January 25, 2013
Civil Rights Complaint Against UNC-CH
Five women have filed a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights at the U.S. Department of Education against the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. They contend that the University mishandles and under-reports cases of sexual assault. UNC officials disagree, and call it a "fair, respectful" process.
Host Frank Stasio speaks with Daily Tar Heel reporter and UNC-Chapel Hill junior Caitlin McCabe about the complaint and the reaction on campus.