Most Active Stories
- 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Snapshots Capture Life in Depression-Era North Carolina
- North Carolina Teachers Learn About Undocumented Immigrants Through Remarkable Story
- For Thanksgiving: 8 Vintage Recipes From Duke University's Cookbook Archives
- Teens Help Turn Abandoned North Carolina Prisons Into Farms
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri January 25, 2013
Civil Rights Complaint Against UNC-CH
Five women have filed a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights at the U.S. Department of Education against the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. They contend that the University mishandles and under-reports cases of sexual assault. UNC officials disagree, and call it a "fair, respectful" process.
Host Frank Stasio speaks with Daily Tar Heel reporter and UNC-Chapel Hill junior Caitlin McCabe about the complaint and the reaction on campus.