Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- VIDEO: Discovered LIFE Magazine Photos Reveal Curious NC Tradition
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue September 24, 2013
Bush Doesn't Fault Obama For Playing Golf
Originally published on Tue September 24, 2013 12:06 pm
President Obama seems to enjoy playing golf, but he's been criticized for spending too much time on the golf course.
Obama has played more than 140 rounds of golf since he first took office, according to CBS News. He's even played with Tiger Woods.
Obama's not alone — 15 of the past 18 presidents played golf while they resided in the White House.
Former President George W. Bush hit the links, but after two and a half years in office he stopped playing. He said the commander in chief shouldn't be seen on the golf course while Americans were dying in Iraq and Afghanistan.
But Bush doesn't criticize Obama for playing.
In an excerpt from In Play With Jimmy Roberts, airing Tuesday night on the Golf Channel, Bush says golf is a good outlet for the pressures of the White House.