Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon December 16, 2013
Bonner Bridge Reopens
The Bonner Bridge reopened to traffic yesterday afternoon.
Structural safety concerns caused officials to close the bridge on N.C. 12 earlier this month. However, the North Carolina Department of Transportation engineers deemed the bridge safe for traffic after several sonar scans, driving two test pilings, and multiple inspections over the past week.
The emergency repair work to add more support to the bridge continues.
The State of Things