Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon December 16, 2013
Bonner Bridge Reopens
The Bonner Bridge reopened to traffic yesterday afternoon.
Structural safety concerns caused officials to close the bridge on N.C. 12 earlier this month. However, the North Carolina Department of Transportation engineers deemed the bridge safe for traffic after several sonar scans, driving two test pilings, and multiple inspections over the past week.
The emergency repair work to add more support to the bridge continues.
The State of Things