Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon December 16, 2013
Bonner Bridge Reopens
The Bonner Bridge reopened to traffic yesterday afternoon.
Structural safety concerns caused officials to close the bridge on N.C. 12 earlier this month. However, the North Carolina Department of Transportation engineers deemed the bridge safe for traffic after several sonar scans, driving two test pilings, and multiple inspections over the past week.
The emergency repair work to add more support to the bridge continues.
The State of Things