Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu August 1, 2013
Bland Meets Dull In Scotland
Originally published on Fri August 2, 2013 6:01 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne with news of the Boring, Bland, and Dull. That would be the village of Dull, Scotland which has just been visited by a delegation from Bland Shire, Australia. Which wanted to get in on the publicity generated last year when Scotland's Dull established links with Boring, Oregon. Australia's Bland Shire council member Dot McCaskie said she hoped the visit would bring awareness to places with unusual names. Maybe like Monotony Valley, Nevada? It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.