Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed July 23, 2014
A Bed And Breakfast Murder Mystery
When Beth McKenzie's grandmother passed away, she left behind a hefty nursing home bill and a dilapidated mansion, and it was up to Beth to figure out what to do. But luckily, she had a plan.
She would open a charming bed and breakfast in and old southern mansion and settle back into life in a small town. But then her first guest is murdered and everything begins to unravel. The story is the premise of Doing It at the Dixie Dew (Minotaur Books/2014), an Agatha Christie-inspired murder mystery by Pittsboro-based author Ruth Moose.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Moose about her debut novel.
Arts & Culture