Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu December 20, 2012
Beat Making Lab
Students at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have some alternatives when it comes to music education. Instead of the traditional forms of music, they can also explore their beat making capacity in a special class taught by Stephen Levitin, aka Apple Juice Kid, and Pierce Freelon. Host Frank Stasio talks to them about their class and taking the beat lab to the Congo.