Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu December 20, 2012
Beat Making Lab
Students at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have some alternatives when it comes to music education. Instead of the traditional forms of music, they can also explore their beat making capacity in a special class taught by Stephen Levitin, aka Apple Juice Kid, and Pierce Freelon. Host Frank Stasio talks to them about their class and taking the beat lab to the Congo.