Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Legislators Are Changing State Environmental Policy
- The Complex Identities Of Some Of America's Most Famous Black Men
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Wed October 17, 2012
BB&T Adding 1,700 Jobs in Greensboro
BB&T plans to bring 1,700 jobs to Greensboro in the next five years.
The bank announced that it will lease the former American Express call center building near Piedmont Triad International Airport. This announcement comes about one year after Am-Ex moved out of that facility and laid off 1,500 employees. BB&T says the new jobs will come by the end of 2017 and serve administrative and support functions. The bank didn't request, and isn't getting, any economic incentives for this job expansion. BB&T plans to move between 50 and 100 associates into the building by the end of this year.