Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Mon September 23, 2013
Banned Books Back In The News
This week is Banned Book Week -- a time to reflect on censored works of literature. Last week, the Randolph County Board of Education banned the novel “The Invisible Man,” by Ralph Ellison from school libraries.
The Board will discuss the ban at a meeting on Wednesday. Host Frank Stasio talks about banned books with Sheila Smith McKoy, the director of the African American Cultural Center at North Carolina State University; and Susan Brown, director of the Chapel Hill Public Library.