Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri September 7, 2012
Amy Goodman has dedicated her life to progressive journalism. She founded the radio program “Democracy Now!” in 1996, and has continued to cover important stories ever since, including those that the mainstream media sometimes misses. She is in Durham, NC this Saturday promoting her new book, "The Silenced Majority: Stories of Uprisings, Occupations, Resistance, and Hope” (Haymarket Books/2012).
Host Frank Stasio talks to Goodman about her work, the just-wrapped Democratic National Convention and the upcoming presidential election.