Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri September 7, 2012
Amy Goodman has dedicated her life to progressive journalism. She founded the radio program “Democracy Now!” in 1996, and has continued to cover important stories ever since, including those that the mainstream media sometimes misses. She is in Durham, NC this Saturday promoting her new book, "The Silenced Majority: Stories of Uprisings, Occupations, Resistance, and Hope” (Haymarket Books/2012).
Host Frank Stasio talks to Goodman about her work, the just-wrapped Democratic National Convention and the upcoming presidential election.