Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Wed August 8, 2012
Amtrak To Expand Service In Eastern NC
Starting this fall, Amtrak will expand its throughway motor coach service to Eastern North Carolina. Passengers will be able to connect via bus to the Amtrak Palmetto station in Wilson. One route will serve Greenville, New Bern, Havelock and Morehead City; the other will connect Goldsboro, Kinston, Jacksonville, and Wilmington. Amtrak's Christina Leeds says the Palmetto train service operates twice daily serving 20 stations between New York and Savannah, Georgia.
Christina Leeds: We are very excited to providing this service to eastern nc. It will provide service to colleges and universities, major military installations, and a number of cities and communities that have limited inner-city public transportation.
The official schedule, with times and pricing, will be announced in the next month or two.