Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu November 7, 2013
Aid Worker Chronicles Journey Chasing Chaos
Jessica Alexander began her career as an aid worker with idealistic eyes.
But the day-to-day realities of helping rebuild disaster areas made her realize aid work is a profession with its own challenges and pitfalls. She traveled the world, helping people in Darfur, Sierra Leone and Haiti. She chronicles her journey in her memoir, “Chasing Chaos: My Decade In And Out of Humanitarian Aid” (Broadway Books/2013). Host Frank Stasio talks with Jessica Alexander about her new memoir.
She will be at Quail Ridge Books in Raleigh tonight at 7:30.
McIntyre's Books in Pittsboro tomorrow at 2.
Flyleaf Books in Chapel Hill Saturday at 2.