Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed February 26, 2014
The Aftermath Of Medical Mistakes
When Dr. Becca Neal loses a patient after a routine procedure, she grieves much like the patient's family.
Neal is a character in Love Alone, a play by North Carolina native Deborah Salem Smith that shows the burden both patients and doctors bear after medical accidents. The play opens at UNC’s Paul Green Theatre tonight and runs through March 16. Host Frank Stasio talks with director Vivienne Benesch, UNC anesthesiologist Dr. Ty Bullard and actors Jenny Wales, Derrick L. Ivey and Patrick McHugh.