Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed February 29, 2012
ACC Women's Tournment Begins Thursday
The ACC Women’s Basketball Tournament tips off tomorrow in Greensboro.
Jeff Tiberii: For the 13th consecutive year the event takes place at the Greensboro Coliseum. This season the conference boasts 3 of the top 10 Women’s teams in the nation: Duke, Miami and Maryland. Meanwhile, UNC-Chapel Hill finished fifth in the A-C-C during the regular season. Head coach Sylvia Hatchell has led her team to eight of the last 10 Tournament Championship games.
Sylvia Hatchell: We got off the interstate, first thing I saw were the banners on the side of the road. Probably three or four of the best days of the year for women’s basketball because the level of talent is so good, and the environment is so good; City of Greensboro just does a fabulous job.
Tournament organizers project crowds of about 10-thousand this weekend. The event is expected to have an overall economic impact of about 5-million dollars on the city. It runs through Sunday.