Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue October 4, 2011
ACC Conference Bloat
The Atlantic Coast Conference recently announced a plan to add Syracuse University and the University of Pittsburgh to its ever-growing roster of schools. Proponents say growth is inevitable, as conferences around the country expand to maximize television contract money. Detractors say more schools means less emphasis on tradition, and that student athletes get lost in the shuffle.
WUNC reporter Dave DeWitt talks with host Frank Stasio about what expansion means to the ACC, and whether Madison Square Garden might take the ACC tournament from the South, per the suggestion of Syracuse Men's Basketball Coach Jim Boeheim.