Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Political Flyer With Photo Of Lynching Distributed At North Carolina Church
- 'Masses' Of Sharks Near Shore On Carolina Coast
- Academic Fraud At UNC: Athletes Directed Toward Bogus Classes
- Photos Of Same-Sex Marriage Celebrations Around North Carolina
- 'Too Good To Be True' - Hundreds Of NC Schools Offer Free Meals To All Kids
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Kevin Whitehead is the jazz critic for NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross.
Whitehead's articles on jazz and improvised music have appeared in such publications as Point of Departure, the Chicago Sun-Times, Village Voice, Down Beat, and the Dutch daily de Volkskrant.
He is the author of Why Jazz: A Concise Guide (2010), New Dutch Swing (1998), and (with photographer Ton Mijs) Instant Composers Pool Orchestra: You Have to See It (2011).
His essays have appeared in numerous anthologies including Da Capo Best Music Writing 2006, Discover Jazz and Traveling the Spaceways: Sun Ra, the Astro-Black and Other Solar Myths.
Whitehead has taught at Towson University, the University of Kansas and Goucher College. He lives near Baltimore.