Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Durrie Bouscaren joined IPR as Cedar Rapids Reporter in March of 2013.
Bouscaren first fell in love with public radio while working for WAER at Syracuse University. She received recognition from the New York State Associated Press Broadcasters Association for her work reporting on Syracuse’s Southern Sudanese community. Bouscaren later covered Central New York for WRVO Public Media, and discussed everything from urban blight to the economics of snowmobiles. In the summer of 2012 Bouscaren interned for KQED in San Francisco, where she completed a freelance project about homeless youth in Oakland. Her work has also aired on WBEZ's Front and Center.
Bouscaren's favorite public radio program is Planet Money.