Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- It's Final: UNC Board of Governors Votes To Close Academic Centers
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- The Life, Legacy, And Science of "Queen of Agrobacterium" Mary-Dell Chilton
- How Some Teachers, Even On Snow Days, Are Still Teaching
- N.C. State Scholarship Fund To Honor Chapel Hill Shooting Victims
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Anita Rao is a producer for The State of Things, WUNC's daily, live talk show that features the issues, personalities and places of North Carolina. She fell in love with interviewing and storytelling as a Women's Studies and International Studies major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and began her radio career at WUNC as an intern for the nationally distributed public radio program The Story. From 2011 - 2014, she worked for the Peabody Award-winning StoryCorps Production department, where she pitched, edited and produced conversations from across the nation--from Chicago, IL to Pineville, North Carolina.
Anita was born in a small coal-mining town in Northeast England but spent most of her life growing up in Iowa and has a fond affection for the Midwest. She loves excessively-long dinner parties and hopes to one day live up to her mom's nickname, "Sheila, The Chocolate Eater."