Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Legislators Are Changing State Environmental Policy
- The Complex Identities Of Some Of America's Most Famous Black Men
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
About North Carolina Public Radio®-WUNC
Find North Carolina Public Radio on terrestrial radio at 91.5 FM in the Chapel Hill/Raleigh/Durham area, on 88.9 FM Manteo, serving the North East outer banks and coastal communities, and on 90.9 FM from Rocky Mount serving portions of "Down East" North Carolina and Sandhills (see coverage map below). The station also streams 24/7 online in mp3, Windows Media and Real Audio.
North Carolina Public Radio Mission Statement
WUNC provides high-quality news, cultural and entertainment content to create a more informed and engaged community.
WUNC is a trusted source of objective and transformational content reflecting our region and expanding our collective understanding of the global community. North Carolina Public radio strives to influence public life by focusing on civic and cultural issues. WUNC creates original programming that reflects the diversity and range of opinion in North Carolina. Our goal is to be connected with the community. The station provides consistently high quality public service programming presented with integrity.
- Enhance audience loyalty with quality and valued content
- Reach a larger audience through broadened coverage range
- Expand digital/new media services
- Increase donor revenues through enhanced cultivation of sustainers and major donors
- Provide an inclusive and welcoming work environment
- Bring diverse perspectives both to our programming and in recruiting new staff
WUNC Radio Donor Information Security Procedures
Donor privacy and security is a top priority for WUNC Radio. Gifts received during on-air pledge drives are recorded manually by WUNC staff and volunteers who are closely supervised by WUNC staff. The pledge information is entered into an electronic format that is loaded into a secure database. All electronic pledge submissions are encrypted, secure, and password protected. All stored credit card information is access-restricted to WUNC's database manager.
WUNC-FM has always had a policy of absolute donor confidentiality. WUNC-FM has never shared its donor or e-mail lists with any organization. WUNC-FM will never share its donor or e-mail lists with any organization.
WUNC-FM's news and informational programming make up the core of the station's public service. Any activity that undermines the credibility of such programming debases the currency of our realm; and, clearly, trading donor or e-mail lists with political organizations or partisan organizations would undermine the station's reputation for balance, fairness, and accuracy. Moreover, a listener's decision to support WUNC-FM or to join a WUNC mailing list is a fundamentally private decision. WUNC-FM is committed to keeping that decision private.
120 Friday Center Drive
Chapel Hill NC 27517
Telephone: (919) 445.9150
(919) 966.5955 (fax)
Current job openings are listed here on our website.