It’s hard to count the exact number of African Americans who were lynched by white mobs during the years following slavery. Numbers show most of these brutal, deadly acts occurred in the South, between the 1870s and the 1950s.
A pyrotechnic week of geopolitical intrigue has yielded new clarity about the whys and wherefores of the Russia imbroglio, including one insight straight from Russian President Vladimir Putin. Why did Putin order the campaign of "active measures" that have been directed against the United States and the West since before the 2016 election? There appear to be many reasons, but the latest one to break through may be how strongly Putin feels the United States had been waging such a campaign...
With warmer weather and more outdoor activities comes the increase in snake sightings in North Carolina. There are nearly 40 species of snakes in the state with one of the most common being the copperhead . Despite the fact that there are copperheads in every county in North Carolina, there are still a lot of misconceptions and myths about them says herpetologist Jeff Beane .
Like & Follow WUNC
- Trump Putin: Russian leader attacks US critics of summit
- Jewish nation state: Israel approves controversial bill
- Trevor Noah defends 'Africa won the World Cup' joke
- Catalan case: Spain drops warrant against Puigdemont
- Peru political turmoil: Supreme court president resigns over tapes scandal
- Hungary pursued by EU over 'Stop Soros' migrant law