The panel that oversees North Carolina's public universities is changing leadership. The University of North Carolina Board of Governors on Thursday elected Greenville businessman Harry Smith as chairman.
Updated at 9:58 a.m. ET Harvey Weinstein surrendered Friday to authorities at a police station in New York City, where the Hollywood megaproducer has been charged with rape and sexual misconduct. Weinstein arrived early in the morning at the New York Police Department's 1st Precinct in Lower Manhattan, ushered into the station by law enforcement officers as members of the media crowded behind metal barriers erected outside. He kept his gaze lowered while shuffling past a barrage of shouted...
A Texas woman filed a lawsuit Monday accusing R.Kelly of sexual battery and knowingly infecting her with herpes. This is the latest in a decades-long string of allegations against the R&B artist that detail an array of misconduct, including his repeatedly holding women against their will in a “sex cult.” Hollywood leaders recently renewed the #MuteRKelly movement to demand that companies who profit from his music cut ties.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Harvey Weinstein charged with rape following New York arrest
- Trump: North Korea summit could still happen on 12 June
- Tiahleigh Palmer: The 12-year-old murdered by her foster father
- MH17: Russia 'liable' for downing airliner over Ukraine
- GDPR: US news sites unavailable to EU users over data protection rules
- Mississauga restaurant bomb: Canada police hunt two suspects