It’s a cold January morning in High Point as Governor Roy Cooper climbs into a white SUV. Guilford County EMS worker Chris Wilson drives through the city’s south side. On one side of the road there are two dingy motels. On the other a large cross and the message “God is love” on the ground.
Updated at 9:25 p.m. ET An Amtrak train carrying House and Senate Republicans to their annual retreat in West Virginia struck a garbage truck Wednesday morning near Charlottesville, Va. At least one person was killed, according to a statement released by White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. The University of Virginia Medical Center had this update on the injured on Wednesday evening: "One patient is in critical condition, one patient is in good condition, three patients are...
Two psychiatrists at the North Carolina Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center work closely with patients near the end of their lives – and with the family members left behind. Throughout their careers, Dr. Donald Rosenstein and Dr. Justin Yopp have supported many young widowed mothers whose husbands passed away, but they noticed there were far fewer resources for widowed fathers who were raising children alone.
Like & Follow WUNC
- FBI has 'grave concerns' about controversial Republican memo
- Poland's Senate passes controversial Holocaust bill
- Skygazers enjoy 'super blue blood Moon'
- Trump grants 6,900 Syrians permission to stay in US
- Australian dual citizen saga unseats 10th politician
- Larry Nassar case: USA Gymnastics doctor 'abused 265 girls'