Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri July 19, 2013
Young Band Spreads Its Musical Wings
Out of the Shenandoah Valley, Many Nights Ahead is a young 7-member bluegrass band looking to grow. Their music is influenced by the Shenandoah Valley and their backgrounds in genres such as blues and metal.
Six of the 7 members of Many Nights Ahead are here to speak with host Frank Stasio and play a few songs. They are, Drake Cary, Carlton Greenwalt, Walker Turner, Austin Shifflett, Ross Gulliver and Amy Haloskey. They are playing tonight in Charlotte at 8 p.m. at Puckett's Farm Equipment and tomorrow night at 9 in Raleigh at Slim's Downtown.