Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- Have We Been Overestimating Flood Risk On The Outer Banks?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri July 19, 2013
Young Band Spreads Its Musical Wings
Out of the Shenandoah Valley, Many Nights Ahead is a young 7-member bluegrass band looking to grow. Their music is influenced by the Shenandoah Valley and their backgrounds in genres such as blues and metal.
Six of the 7 members of Many Nights Ahead are here to speak with host Frank Stasio and play a few songs. They are, Drake Cary, Carlton Greenwalt, Walker Turner, Austin Shifflett, Ross Gulliver and Amy Haloskey. They are playing tonight in Charlotte at 8 p.m. at Puckett's Farm Equipment and tomorrow night at 9 in Raleigh at Slim's Downtown.