Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Arts & Culture
Thu April 18, 2013
WUNC Wins 4 Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards
WUNC won four regional Edward R. Murrow Awards in the 2013 Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) contest, including the overall excellence award for our region (which includes KY, NC, SC, TN, & WV).
RTDNA has 14 regions and only two other public radio stations in the country won the overall excellence award in their region – WBEZ in Chicago and WLRN in Miami. The awards recognize work of the highest quality produced by radio, television and online news organizations around the world.
WUNC also has individual winners:
- Dave DeWitt and Jeff Tiberii won the News Series award for the American Graduate Series.
- Leoneda Inge won the Use of Sound/Video award for her story on a Fracking Hearing.
- Dave DeWitt won the Sports Reporting award for his JV basketball story.