Most Active Stories
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
- Back Porch Music Is Back On The Lawn: 8 Free Concerts In 2014
- Primary Heats Up For North Carolina’s 2nd Congressional District
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue July 30, 2013
Writing And Living On Martha's Vineyard
This weekend, the Martha’s Vineyard Book Festival takes place in the island towns of Edgartown and Chilmark, Massachusetts.
Here & Now co-host Jeremy Hobson sits down with two writers, Ward Just and Laura Wainwright, who both make the Vineyard their home year-round.
They talk about the distractions of being in a place that’s a tourist haven three months of the year, as well as the beauties of living on the island.
- Ward Just, author of 17 novels and several short stories. He is also a former war correspondent.
- Laura Wainwright, author of “Home Bird: Four Seasons on Martha’s Vineyard.”