Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue July 30, 2013
Writing And Living On Martha's Vineyard
This weekend, the Martha’s Vineyard Book Festival takes place in the island towns of Edgartown and Chilmark, Massachusetts.
Here & Now co-host Jeremy Hobson sits down with two writers, Ward Just and Laura Wainwright, who both make the Vineyard their home year-round.
They talk about the distractions of being in a place that’s a tourist haven three months of the year, as well as the beauties of living on the island.
- Ward Just, author of 17 novels and several short stories. He is also a former war correspondent.
- Laura Wainwright, author of “Home Bird: Four Seasons on Martha’s Vineyard.”