Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri January 17, 2014
William Greider Blasts Money In Politics
William Greider is used to standing up to power.
In the early 1980s, he got Ronald Reagan’s budget director to admit that trickle-down economics was a sham meant to bring the nation’s top tax rate down. He’s in town giving a talk at Duke University about the influence of politics in money. Host Frank Stasio talks to William Greider, correspondent for The Nation.