Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Mon November 18, 2013
Will The Revolution Be Tweeted?
Zeynep Tufekci was only 16 years old and living in her native Turkey when she became a computer programmer.
After moving to the United States, she developed an interested in the relationship between technology and social life. Today, she travels the globe documenting the use of social media in protest movements from the Arab Spring to uprisings in Gezi Park to the Occupy Wall Street movement. Host Frank Stasio talks with Zeynep Tufekci, professor of sociology and information and library science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill about her life and research.