Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu October 31, 2013
Who Wins A Fight Between The Vampire Squid And Vampire Frog?
In this Halloween fright fest, The State of Things tackles the so-called Vampire Squid and Vampire Flying Frog.
The names are misnomers, as the squid does not suck on blood, and the vampire frog only has fangs in its tadpole stage. But host Frank Stasio talks about these creepily-named creatures with Trish Weaver, collections manager of geology and paleontology at the Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh; and Bryan Stuart, the museum’s curator of amphibians and reptiles.